Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weakness...

"The same power that conquered the grave lives in me..." Hillsong United

Ephesians 3:20 says something similar, " ...according to His power at work in us..."

I am filled with such excitement as I look to the future. So many possibilities, so much opportunity to make an eternal difference in so many lives.The life I always desired( even when I didn't realize it) is before me, waiting for me to 'jump in'. All of this, however, also brings me closer to the place of dependence...on Him. It's not a place of weakness. It is a place where my weaknesses are seen for whast they are- weaknesses! At the same time, the very same time, I can ay wiht the Apostle Paul in 2 Cor 12:10, " Therefore, I will boast all te more gladly about my weakness, so that Christs' powe may rest on me." I will not be shy/embarrassed about teh fact that on my own I am scared, I am emotionally incapable of 'handling it', I don't ahve enough money, I don't ahve enough talent, I lack in so many ways...so I offer all thse things to Him as an opportunity for Him to 'show up and show off' on my behalf! Once again, I am His needing and needy child and His is my Perfect Father.The one who...
"is able to do immeasurably more than allwe cn ask or imagine according to His power that is AT WORK WITHIN US, to Him be glory..."

No comments: