Monday, May 4, 2009

4 months...17 weeks... 135 days...

I remember a long time ago, well more like 10 or so years back J. I remember hearing about these people who did great things for God. I remember thinking to myself, “Wow, I want God to use me like that!” I said that without realizing what is required of those whom God will use mightily-faith! I said that without realizing, truly, what faith is- something we cannot create, a gift that the Father gives to His children/

I remember about a year and a half ago telling Natalie that God was calling me to a life of total dependence in Him- for every single thing. I remember saying, “I ‘m ok with that…”

I remember exactly 1 year ago picking up dog poop while house-sitting for Mark and Kay, tears streaming down my face as my heart prayed, “ Lord, I trust that you either have someone 100 times better or the same guy 100 times better( He has given me the same guy a million time better!! J)

I remember sitting in the floor at my parents’ house after getting off the phone my emotions jerking back and forth between sadness and anger as I prayed, “ Lord, you know when we’re suppose to get married and will work out all the details…DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember just a few hours ago as I was driving home listening to the song, “Beautiful Jesus” The lines, “Brilliant Creator, Friend of Mine” struck me. A ll of a sudden, the moon was right there, so close, so beautiful, and it spoke to me, revealed so clearly the revelation of my Father, the Brilliant Creator, the Friend of Mine…the one who has provided so beautifully and so perfectly for Lue and I as we plan to get married in 135 days( 133 day today! J). I cannot begin to tell of all the ‘little’ details He has so beautifully worked out!!!! I got a call from the lovely Shelly Brenan tonight (Thursday night). She happened to remember that I have always talked about wanting to wear a sari to my wedding reception and called to ask if I wanted her to buy me one cause she was going on a missions trip to India !!!! I called Lue and asked him about my dream of wearing a sari to our wedding reception and he said yes in the most beautiful way with the most beautiful words!!!! That is just one example of the many details He is placing so beautifully in place as He weaves it all together!!!

God places dreams in our hearts then HE BRINGS THEM TO PASS. We think of the life of faith as something unusual or ‘special’, but really, if we were to look around us, really look and see the glory of God, we would realize that trusting Him for everything is the most sensible most normal, most natural things to do!!!!

In 135 (133 todayJ) days, I get to begin an amazing new chapter of my life! Jesus, keep you glory always before me…BRILLIANT CREATOR, FRIEND OF MINE!!!

No comments: