Friday, July 10, 2009

57 days...

“My love for you is teaching me not to seek ideal circumstances so that I can love you, but TO LOVE YOU IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES! “

I was reading through the notes Lue has written me(one of my favourite things is that he writes me notes, emails, letters…LONG ONES!! J) and I read what I just quoted above. I love writing stuff down because you can always go back to it, and EACH TIME you do, you see SOEMTHING NEW! It’s not because I wasn’t there the first time, you just didn’t see it. I love reading Lue’s notes and emails love and over and over again and seeing new things- things he said that I just may not have heard before. And as I read the lone above, my heart danced, a dance of joy and freedom. Joy, because I know that I am loved and freedom because I know that I am ALWAYS loved!!!

My first love is Jesus- have always been and will always be Jesus! The thing’s that are most important to me always bring me back to His feet. My relationship with Lue, the most important things in my life right now, is a constanct ‘example’ and ‘teacher’ concerning my relationship with Jesus. For one, the concept of re-reading notes and emails- there was a time when I was like ‘I did Old Testament and New Testament survey. I’ve done so many Bible Studies, I’ve read it all, I’m done!’ Of course, I was highly mistaken, and , years later, I open a Scripture I have read over and over and find something new, something that was there before I just didn’t see it…and once again, I fall in love with my first love…and then there’s unconditional love- again, I grew up receiving and giving conditional love. The past 10 months, I have experienced the challenge of giving and receiving unconditional love. I have learned (and am still learning) the selflessness required to give it and the trust needed to receive it…

Happiness…I love Jesus…I love Lue!!! J

No comments: