Friday, August 10, 2007

The Best Day Ever!!

I was going to write a blog just about how I love my job and then one of the coolest things happened, and now I want to write about how I love my life!! God is just so amazing, so, so, so amazing!!!!

I spent my morning preparing for 20 orphans and vulnerable children to meet their sponsors who are here on a mission’s trip from the USA. (I was doing this with my best friend ever!!). I spent the rest of the day watching as 20 children (who normally have a plate of pap and beans as their only meal everyday, walk barefoot in the freezing cold, and walk for miles to get to school everyday) ate a finger licking good KFC :-) meal, got to go into a store and pick out new clothes, and then ate ice cream and just had fun with their sponsors who have now become their friends. For all of these kids, this is definitely a day they will never forget. It’s pretty much their best day ever! Watching them have all that fun made me feel like I was having the best day ever. It made me realise just how much I love my job. I may not get paid big bucks, but I get to see big smiles on little faces- reflections of the big things God is able to do when we give ourselves to Him. It just makes life so worth living!!!! Really, it does! I love that I get to be a part of this!!

And then, this evening, I got home and found out my little brother, Francis has been accepted as a student at the Rockford Masters Commission- an intense, absolutely amazing discipleship program in Rockford, Illinois!! I spent two years there and God pretty much messed me up…for good! I love my younger siblings( a lot of the time I feel like their my children :-) ), and I know the greatest thing I can do for them is encourage them to know and love God. A few months back I felt God was telling me to ask Francis to apply to Rockford Master’s Commission. I hesitated and then finally suggested it to him. Now, a few months later, he is actually going there. I know God will just blow Him away! It excites me to think of all that God will do in Him and even through Him!!! I mean I am so freaking excited!!! This is definitely one of my best days ever!!!!

I love you, Jesus!!! You are the best ever!!!

It's not letting me post pics for some odd reason :-( I guess I'll try again later...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh- that is awesome Zinty. i am happy for him and you. What a great expierence. I mean IL, America, the Lord, being totally and redically set on fire!!! Love it, love it, love it.

Anonymous said...

We agree with you. Thursday August 10th was one of the best days ever. We made a great new friend(many in fact) and will remember that day forever. How is the guitar playing going?
Keep serving our Mighty God!
Steve and Debbie Turley
(2 of the 31)