Thursday, August 2, 2007

Like a child


Unless you become like a little child…

Remember when you were 7, 6, 5 years old? I do. It was definitely a happy time for me. I have come to learn that things weren’t as perfect as I though they were, but, at the time, I wasn’t concerned about it. I would wake up in the morning excited to face another day, ready to receive whatever mommy and daddy had planned for me. Maybe that’s part of what Jesus meant when He said we should become like a child… When I was a child, I worried about nothing! And the only reason was because I had complete confidence in my parents. I trusted them with every part of my life and living was so much easier. Of course, as I have grown up, I realize that they are just imperfect humans like me capable of mistakes and failure, but God, my Heavenly Father, is not! He is perfect and He is not capable of mistake or failure. I can have complete confidence in Him… make me like a child again…

No comments: