Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How deep the Father's love for us...

how vast beyond all measure!!!!

The past week has been a hectic series of days with sooooo much to get done and seemingly too little time :-(…pretty much I have been feeling really overwhelmed!! On Friday, I heard that my grandfather had passed away. The last time I saw him was in 2005(which was the last time I went to Zambia where he was living and where I’m originally from). I have awesome memories of him giving me the biggest hugs and spinning me around whenever I was little and him giving us so much bubble gum from his grocery store that our mouths hurt from chewing it :-)…he was a great grandfather (but after moving to Swaziland over 15 years ago and only having visited Zambia about 4 times since then we weren’t really close and he was really old so I was kind of prepared). My mum, on the other hand (this was her dad), took it really heard. Seeing her in all that pain was not at all fun!!! I was very concerned for her and worried that I would not be able to give her the love and comfort she needed (since I am the only one God has chosen to do this:-))…it’s been 3 days and I am in awe of God’s goodness!!! He has totally provided the comfort and support my mum needed through friends, workmates and family. I have watched love in action and it’s such a beautiful thing!! I was thinking as we were picking up my mum from a friends house ( a friend of hers who had offered to make her an outfit for her the funeral and has just been such a great help and encouragement) what my grandfather would be thinking as he watched his baby all grown up…he would be so proud of the life she has led and the friendships she has made( friendships that come through during hard times), he was proud of her and I am too!! I am so thankful for the way in which my Heavenly father took this ‘sad thing’ and used it to rekindle in me faith in humanity (for lack of better words:-)). Watching my mother’s friends love and support her through this touched me so much more than I thought it would, not just because I hurt as she was hurting but more because I had allowed the ‘bad things’ in life to make me negative (pretty much expecting nothing good from people, rather be surprised than disappointed- ok maybe I’m exaggerating, but really I didn’t realize how negative I had become!) My grandfather died and God showed me the beauty of Hs love at work in His people and a part of me that had ‘died’ was resurrected. It’s a pretty cool experience…thank you Father…and thank you to everyone that prayed with me, for me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Zinty! It's Danielle! I miss you so much already. It's good to hear about all the love God showed you through a dark situation and to be a little small part of it too! I mean I hope I showed you love... ;) can you hear the sarcasm in my voice? any way...I love you!

Shileen said...

I love you ZINTY!!!
hope you are all recovering well :)