Monday, December 3, 2007

time for a new post :-)

I would like to say just how proud I am of my little brother, Peter. He won awards for excellence in Math and Science, Cricketer of the year, and he also won this award called the CDC award. It’s the Character Discipline Courtesy award and is given to the student who displays character traits that are ‘rare in today’s society’. I was so freaking proud of him!!! I was totally the embarrassing big sister and cheered really loudly (pretty much screamed) when his name was called out. :-) I love being a big sister!!

…so, I went to the Speech and Prize giving day with my little sister, Tamara (who is 17). She went to the table that had the pile of programs to get one and was told that they’re only for adults. So, she came to me and asked that I, the adult, go and get a program. I walked up to the table and said, “Could I please have a program?”

The lady responded, “How old are you?”

I exercised much self-control, and calmly replied, “24”

She said, “The programs are only for adults”

This time I thought I would blow up, but again, somehow managed to calmly reply, “I am an adult”

I mean, if I’m going to lie about my age, I’m not going to do it for a stupid program!!!agghhh!!!...anyway…

The story doesn’t end here…the guest speaker for the Speech and prize-giving day was the US ambassador, and all of the grade 7s( my brother included) all got certificates singed by Bush, yes, US president George W. Bush!!! So that was pretty cool? Weird? Random?...and then later on that night I went to a fireworks show thing with some friends( my parents also attended, but we traveled separately). It was in Manzini( a city that I am absolutely petrified of- well I guess that’s an exaggeration- but, really, I will not carry bag when in Manzini, all my valuables are safely put away in my pockets, but this time I went to Manzini, at night, mind you, and it was actually fun…until it started to get hectic and my dad’s phone got stolen!!...but the night was still young and there was more fun to be had. We all went to my friend, Jacci’s house and played Dutch blitz and I totally beat everyone!!! Yes, I love winning!!! :-)

On a serious note, God has been absolutely amazing the past few days. He has shown His love and grace to me. I had this habit that I feel like I have been struggling with forever and I just couldn’t figure out how to stop it. The other day, I cried out to Him, and just let Him know honestly how I felt. His response: He just held me and loved me. He let me know He loved me, and I just cried because even though I know God loves me unconditionally, I am always taken aback when I experience this amazing love He has for me. This morning during our devotion, my friend Jacci talked about the names of God. One of the names that stood out to me was Jehovah Shammah- The Lord is There. There have been many times the past year when He has let me know just that- that He is there, He is here right next to me, and nothing else matters, every obstacle, habit, trial is insignificant because He is there!!!



3 comments:

The Youngs said...

i know i say this all of the time, but, i love you friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! With the God thing. That girl was Crazy along Manzini- whoa!

Anonymous said...

I love you!! I love that you listen to the Lord and boast in Him. He is delighted in you and rejoices over u.

And stop going to Manzini without me, especially when there's fireworks...i love fireworks.