Friday, July 18, 2008

The thing with crowns...

So, you make all this progress with the Lord, and it’s great, absolutely great, you’re growing, finally!! :-) yay, yay, yay, yes, it’s so worth 3 yays!!

Then, you start to pray the good Christian prayer, ‘Lord, keep me humble”. And, being the good Lord that He is, He answers you, soon, even! :-) But again, because He’s so good, His answer isn’t what you expected (I mean really what were you expecting??:-))…His answer is something like this, “If I’m going to make you humble, I’m going to have to remove this pride in you.” And He doesn’t just say that, He shows you the pride, you see it, and it’s ugly (I mean, did you think it would be pretty??:-)). So, your prayer begins to sound more like this, “O Lord, this pride is so so ugly, O Lord, I am weak, I am prideful, please, please, loving Father, take it away, take it away, I need You, I need You” and then you just cry out to Him, cause you just, well, that’s just all you can do!! And He pats you on the shoulder and says hey, read this:

They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being." Rev 4:11

And so , you lay your crown at his feet, realizing, yet once again, that crowns are great, and He wants to give you a crown, but the best place for your crown is not on your head, but rather at His feet!!! You worship Him, thanking, Him, oh so thankful for His grace, and again fully aware that this is a lesson you will learn yet again in the future…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm.... I LOVED That bit on Sunday you shared. Didn't you think the whole service was so rolling in the Holy Ghost!!!! I loved it!!!

Annie said...

Loved this post!