Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I just want You...

My heart burns for You... I’ve heard that You, on purpose, put this hunger in me, this insatiable thirst that only You can fill. You put it in me so that I would seek You. I haven’t always sought You to fill it. I’ve gone after other things- things that seemed easier, closer. Being the All-wise God that You are, You made sure that I would not be satisfied until I came to You. You invite me to come. You wait for me to realise just how much You love me. Yes, my heart burns for You, You are my obsession, even when I don’t realise it. But, even greater than that, Your heart burns for me. You want me!! Sometimes, too often, I feel unwanted, unloved, and what sucks is I think the reason I am not wanted or loved is because I am not good enough in one way or another. Every time that I don’t receive the love I expect I blame myself, I put myself down. You would think I would know better, really. And, actually, I do know better. But there is a great chasm between just knowing and practicing what you know. It’s hard to break a bad habit. It’s freaking hard to love someone you’ve trained yourself to hate. It’s not easy to just change mindsets you’ve had for forever. But then nothing is too hard for You. You can do it. Will you, please, do it for me, do it in me…my heart burns for You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your awesome!

And did I say yet how excited I am to be in SWazi with you and the whole team!!!! If not, then I AM EXCITED!!!!! And a bit scared, but REALLY, REALLY, excited.

Nat