Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A fun night and an ncriminating picture of Daran :-)

Some of you might now of my secret (well not really secret) desire to be famous one day (I will use my fame for good& adopt a lot of children:-)). Well, I have been teaching this girl, Nqobi, guitar (actually we’ve only had one lesson so far! J…and we started like a month ago!!) Here’s me and Nqobi:

She works for this company that is doing the admin for the Entrepreneur of The Year Awards. Last night was the launch dinner, and Nqobi had asked me if I would like to perform at the dinner and how much I charge to which I thought, “charge???” (about a week ago) So I asked Daran (cause he seemed like businessmanJ) what he thought I should charge. He gave me a number to call (well actually I got the number from Teresa, Daran’s wifeJ) and was also nice enough to correct my mispronunciation of the word, ‘entrepreneur’. J Here’s a pic of Daran:

So anyway, I was eventually asked to write a song for the event which I first performed for my friends Jacci, Natalie, Gabby, Joelle, Danielle, and Nathaniel who were all so encouraging and said they loved it. Some of you now that one of my love languages is word of affirmation so their very encouraging words totally helped pump me up& take away some of my nervousness…”Thanks, friends!!!”

I was still kind of nervous about this whole thing. It was my first ‘real’ public performance (not at church) by myself. The event was by invitation only and I couldn’t have my lovely friends come and make funny faces at me while I performed! J So, I started asking people to pray. At first I just did it cause that’s what you do, but then I started realizing just how much of a difference prayer makes (thank you Frank Perretti for writing, “Piercing The Darkness!! J) I asked some awesome people to pray for me and they did and the performance was a blast. I had do much fun doing it, and got lots of compliments( filling up my love tank J) Thank you amazing friends for your prayers, thank you Jesus for loving me so!!!!!...so even though I love to perform and have performed before I was always get stage fright. My heart starts to beat really fast and I feel like if I don’t BREATHE I’ll faint. I felt this way before my performance last night, but then I started to well first of all, breathe J, but I also just started saying(under my breathe so as not to creep out everyone at my table)’ Peace of Jesus’ over and over again. He gave me peace and like I already said I had so much fun. So, again, thanks for praying friends!!!!

Ok, pics from the night

This is me practicing in the living room a few minutes before I had to leave.

This is me and the best little sister ever who totally helped pack my purse before I had to leave. I love you Tamara!!!

This is me and Khosi, I think was her name, one of the models. I had been sitting by myself playing sudoku( I know I’m a nerd J, and finally decided to stop being a loser so I chatted with the girls who were doing the modeling for the evening.

More modelsJ

I sent the following sms to Becca concerning the beginning of my evening.”…I’ve taken a picture with a strange man, had a strange man compliment my dress, & taken pics with some models” :-)


The room:


The banner:

Me J in my favorite dress ever for two reasons: 1. it’s pretty cute! And 2. I totally bought on sale for R40(less than $10). I love a good bargain!!!!! J

Me and this poet guy who was like, “Hey can you play while I recite my poem?” J

Yay for a fun night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

The Youngs said...

friend i wish more than anything that i could have been there! miss you more than you know!

Mazzuca Maddness said...

First off - Wow! You look HOT!!

Second - I'm so proud of you for not only playing in front of such an intimidating crowd, but for writing a song too! That's so cool! Do you think you could post the lyrics?

Mazzuca Maddness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sammie said...

I second the motion for you to post the lyrics.

Donald and Diane said...

Zinty,
Congradulations...I know it was beautiful.
Have you found "lucky" is he alright?
Love,
Diane Page

Anonymous said...

You write very well.