Friday, November 14, 2008

Choosing not to worry...resting in His love...

...so I was talking to Lungile(the most amazing man in the world :-)) the other day and telling him about how I was nervous about something that I had to do. He responded with some wise words which pretty much boiled down to the Scripture in 1 John that talks about perfect love casting out fear...I have been thinking a lot about that, and it's alarming how 'fearful' I can be, how uneasy I can get when things are not just right, how worry takes over when my physical circumstances are less than perfect...clearly there is a lack of perfect love, not that the Lord is not loving me perfectly, but more that I am not receiving His love...the more I thought about it, the more I analyzed it, the more issues I saw that I have! :-)...so this is not about how I have figured it out and sorted all my issues, I wish it was, but its not! :-) Its about how I am going to get started on this journey( or rather continue) and learn to receive...His love...

You have not because you ask not...He wants us to ask...to ask Him...He loves us, its not just a verse or a song, a cool thing to say or a line from a sermon, it's truth, truth, just as true or even more true than this white wall(with a ton of stuff up cause I like to put a ton of things up on my wall :-)) in front of me...so I will be saying to myself all day today and tomorrow and the next day and forever, He loves me!!!!...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

asking over here.....