Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thoughts from the Front desk...

I am sitting in for the receptionist at the front desk, a task that is not on my top 10 favorite things to do! :-)...I've been reading The Shack by William Young and thought I'd share some stuff that I appreciated,

" The problem is that many folks try to grasp some sense of who I am by taking the best version of themselves, projecting that to the nth degree, factoring in all the goodness they can percieve, which often much isn't much, and then call that God.And while it may seem like a noble effort, the truth is that it falls pitifully short of who I rally am. I'm not merely the best version of you that you can think of. I am far more than that, above and beyond all that you can ask or think."

" You on the other hand were created to be loved. So for you to live as if you were unloved is a limitation, not the other way around...pain has a way of clipping our wings and keeping us from being able to fly...And if left unresolved for very long, you can almost forget that you were ever created to fly in the first place."...

I am half way through this book and think it will make it to Zinty's top 5. I am in this place right now where I didn't even realise I was. Actually, I really don't even know where this place is that I am; I just know that something inside of me is stirred, maybe even healed as I read this story that is reaching to depths inside of me that I didnt' know were there...again, thank You, Father...

No comments: