Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Awareness…

The past few days, well actually the past couple of weeks for me have centered around that word. Things have been brought to me attention, leaving me with the question, “What can I do to help/improve/fix this?” Most of these things are not ‘new’ to me, they have just been brought to my attention in a ‘in your face’ kind of way. It’s like the poor and needy we ‘see’ around us all the time. Well, it would be quite different if one of those ‘poor and needy’ people came to your doorstep and just stood there. I think it would make you ask, “What can I do to help?”

I remember reassign the book “In His Steps” in high school. Pretty much the pastor of a ‘well-to-do’ church challenges people in his congregation to ask in every situation , “What would Jesus do?” and when it is revealed to them what Jesus would’ve done in that particular situation to do just that. The rest of the book is filled with stories of great transformation as individuals choose to walk ‘in His steps!’ I loved that book!! It spoke to the part of me that comes alive in the face of a challenge…I guess right now as I am made keenly aware of certain situations all around me, I should ask, “What would Jesus do?”, and as it is revealed to me what the Lord would do in that particular situation, do just that!...

No comments: