Friday, May 2, 2008

When I move to Joburg... :-)

Ok, so Jacci, Natalie, Julia and I went to Joburg for a couple days this past week...let me just start by saying that God and I are doing this thing or rather He is doing this thing right now where He is teaching me His ways and in the process getting rid of my messed up ways that i have thought were just fine...

ok, so Joburg it was so much fun, time out with the girls always is! :-) I didn't do much shopping, but did help Jacci get stuff for her house(and we found the best pillow ever! :-), and while trying on stuff for fun in Truworths :-) I found the cutest dress and jacket ever, seriously, so so cute, I am planning on going to Truworths and picking it up some time soon!!!...we totally met some really cool people most of who were Zambian (what can I say! :-)), there was Carol at the Christian bookstore, Patu, Brian( yeah Brian!! ;-)), and then really amazing Patty at Mug and Bean. She's Zimbabwean, she has a son and also lives with her younger brother. Her mother past away last month. She looked about my age. She was the sweetest girl! She told us how she loves the Lord and how He sustains her and stuff. We got her number and I'm sure we will become good friends...I just loved all the random people we met.- the non Christians and how we were able to share Christ with them; the believers and how they breathed life into us and us into them even if it was only for a couple minutes. It was just really good and refreshing...

I once again am thankful for the continuous work of my loving Heavenly father in mu life. I had a blast in Joburg because I had some awesome friends that He has so graciously provided...I kind of feel blah today(long story....), but I continue to be thankful for His goodness, He is good, He is good, He is good...

Oh, yeah the Joburg police were absolutely amazing, I'm talking 5 minutes and we were done with business. I love efficeincy!! I mean seriously, when I move to Joburg...:-)

random mandatory picture: Wentworth Miller is still hot!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I know you through Natalie...but I can't wait to meet you when I go visit in a few months!